Bath Time Breakdown

* * *

They were going to be late.

The Combaticons and the Stunticons had both wound up at Starbase Rugby after their respective latest missions, both stepping through the air-locks just in time to get the message that Starscream would be coronated Emperor of the Decepticons in one hour.

They were going to be late.

Half an hour had been wasted already, with only the last ten minutes used productively. The first twenty had been wasted with the locals trying to explain what had happened to Megatron, well, what Starscream said had happened to Megatron and with Onslaught convincing all of the others that yes, they did want to attend the coronation.

In the last ten minutes, Wildrider and Blast Off and Dead End and Vortex had got shoved through the washers. The reason for each set of two was quite simple - leaving the vain one on his own would have taken far, far too long. Only the loud, obnoxious person could have gotten them moving faster than their own commander.

They were going to be late.

But then Onslaught and Motormaster both had run into trouble with who to shove through next. Brawl and Drag Strip would wind up with someone dead. Drag Strip and Swindle would wind up with something even worse. Breakdown and Swindle would also probably wind up with someone dead.

So they shoved Breakdown and Drag Strip in together with Motormaster yelling that they had damn well better not waste any time.

They were going to be late.

Two cars of the same size and who generally got along should not take this long in the washers. Onslaught glanced at Motormaster. The semi-truck sat with his arms crossed, one set of fingers drumming against the other arm. He glared at the door into the washers, bits of space-frozen debris melting off him.

Onslaught wouldn't have any time to watch him with icy water spilling down his back if the Stunticons didn't hurry up.

They were going to be late.

Onslaught stood up at the same time Motormaster did and strode towards the washroom. He pulled the door open and glared at the two occupants. "Stop that. Right now. The both of you. There are four more people who still have to wash up."

An incoherent growl came from Motormaster, which seemed to do more to galvanize the two Stunticons.

They were going to be very late.

End

Back